Thursday, January 29, 2009

For the Graphic Designer in you...

That title sounds funny.

Anywho...

As a lot of graphic designers or GDers, my interest in the subject came from CD covers. As the hard copy of CD becomes obsolete, maybe not so much for me anymore. There are still people who do it well. Example below...

One of my favorite album covers of the last few years is Maximo Park's "A Certain Trigger."



Thanks to FFFFound, I recently came across the design firm that is responsible. Yes, not only designed the cd but all the records and singles. They are amazing.

One more thing to share. In honor of the Superbowl this weekend, the New York Times had an web article about Alternative Super Bowl Logos.

This is my favorite as a designer. As a football fan, I don't think they work. Within 5 years I think they will head in this direction. Simplicity that is.



Go Steelers.

-baroke daniel
currently listening to: Matt & Kim - I'll Take Us Home

No comments: